Ordering flowers online is an easy and inexpensive way to purchase flowers and to find gifts for special occasions. With so many different online florists out there it can be quite a daunting task to decide on one. Here are five good and cheap sites to purchase from.
- Pro Flowers offers discounts like their current buy one bouquet, get another for $9.99, making it a good option if you want to buy multiple flower bouquets. They have a seven-day freshness guarantee on all their bouquets and offer same-day delivery to the United States.
- Always Send Flowers offers a bouquet of mixed flowers for $29.99, which is quite a reasonable price. They have an express delivery option (flowers will be delivered within four hours), which makes it ideal for those last-minute decisions.
- Blooms Today offers 50 percent off selected products online. Their prices start at $29.99 plus delivery. If you aren’t satisfied with your purchase they’ll give you a 100 percent money back guarantee. They offer a bouquet of a dozen roses for $59.99 that comes with a box of chocolates for an additional $14.99. Delivery fee is $9.99 depending on delivery location. They are delivered by UPS or FedEx.
- FTD offers 25 to 50 percent off selected items. They are open to take orders 24/7. Some of their specials are mixed flowers for $19.99 plus delivery fee, which would equal a total of $43.17.
- Flowershopdeals.com is not an online florist but a coupon site, which can be a good way to shop around for deals. The site provides a number of ways to search for coupons, including by specific flower companies and by particular occasions.
I would recommend checking with friends, relatives and co-workers to see how satisfied they are with their online flower purchases as personal recommendations are always best. Since flowers are perishable they need careful handling and shipping so choosing a company that handles their products well and uses a reputable shipping company is quite important. It’s also a good idea to check what the refund policy for each company is before buying anything.
Barbara Kirkpatrick is a freelance florist and owner of The Peace Lilly flower shop.